Quiz Setup Check List
- Properties: Enter Name, click on add/edit questions, turn on description/introduction (if used), disable right click, disable email (only for enforced time-limit quizzes).
- Restrictions: Unhide, set Start and End Dates, add Timing and Special Access (as needed). You can also make it password protected.
- Special Access: This allows specific, named individuals to have different access and due dates/times to take the quiz.
- Assessment: (two boxes to check here) Select auto-grading (this will allow students to see their grade immediately). Connect the quiz to a grade item and select Auto Export to Grades. Set the number of attempts allowed. Alternatively, if you use any quiz question types that need manual grading (i.e. essay/written response), do not select the first checkbox to auto-grade and the scores will be published later as you grade them and publish.
- Submission Views: Generally keep the Default View set to No, don't show questions, and add an Additional View to release more information after the end date. You can edit the Default View if you want to allow students to see their results right away (Select Yes and show all questions with user responses). You need to set the submission view to show questions if you want users to received question feedback.
- Content Completion Marks: In the Content area, add a link to the quiz by selecting the quiz from "Existing Activities" and then set the completion method by selecting the check mark next to the link. The default is set to Required-Automatic and students must submit the quiz to receive completion status.
Pro Tip: You can use Quiz Question Converter Tools opens in new window to convert questions from Word into a format that will import into D2L.
For more, see the following Brightspace Community articles: