Camtasia is a software suite that is created and published by TechSmith for the purpose of creating video tutorials, video presentations, and podcasts. It can be utilized as a screen recorder and video editor. Camtasia helps you record screen movements and actions, import video from a camera, or other sources.
- Camtasia allows you to capture your screen as a recorded video, edit your captured videos, and create quizzes for your classes.
- Camtasia is ideal for capturing your lectures when teaching online, as it allows students to access content and review it as they need.
- MSU has an agreement to provide teaching staff with a license for this service through June 2020.
- To access the software, please go to msu.onthehub.com or the Camtasia and Snagit Access Community in D2L.
- If you are a TA or GA, please note that you will need to access and acquire this software through D2L and not msu.onthehub.com. Camtasia is licensed for a limited term that ends June of 2020. Any use of this software after June 2020 will require that you either pay to use the software or uninstall.